7:00am - 3:30pm
Dec 2nd, 2022
Assist and participate in the daily technical support and operation of the AOI, Selective Solder and X-Ray machines. Incumbent will be responsible for creating and updating the AOI, Selective Solder and X-Ray machine programs with engineering’s support. Perform daily operation and ensure that the daily AOI, Selective Solder and X-Ray machines, Selective Solder and X-Ray machines schedule are being met. This position reports to the SMT Supervisor.
- Interact with engineering on new programs for production capabilities
- Maintain the AOI, Selective Solder and X-Ray machines schedule to meet the delivery schedule
- Work with internal/external maintenance personnel and/or technical personnel to maintain an acceptable level of quality and productivity on the AOI, Selective Solder and X-Ray machines
- Run all boards through AOI, Selective Solder and X-Ray machine operations
- Ensure board revision and program revision is the same, report anomalies to Production Supervisor or AOI, Selective Solder and X-Ray machine programmer
- Perform assigned production steps per work instructions
- Ensure 5S is being done at AOI, Selective Solder and X-Ray machine areas and is always maintained
- Handle and store materials/boards following ESD guidelines
- Ensure quality standards are maintained all through the production
- Position may involve physical demands such as lifting of heavy objects
- Perform any other relevant tasks to help any other area in production
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Good knowledge of electronic assemblies including through hole and SMT components, drawings and BOMs
- Able to read values and corrects polarity of Surface mount and Through Hole parts
- Experience with IPC Standards with respect to PCB repair
- Proficient use related test equipment
- Proficient use of microscope
- Knowledge of quality systems and ESD control
- Ability to read drawings, Bills of Material (BOMs) and schematics
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Certificate or Diploma in Electronics or enrolled in a technical school
- Lean Manufacturing knowledge an asset
- The position location is based in Markham, Ontario facilities (Building A and/or Building B).
- Incumbent must be open to working at both facilities as business and operational needs dictate.
- Normal scheduled hours of work: 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM, Day Shift.
Vexos is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Vexos is committed to diversity in its workplaces and welcomes applications from all visible minority groups, women, Aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities among other self-identified diverse groups. Vexos thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those qualified and considered for an interview will be contacted.
The successful incumbent shall agree and be responsible for adhering to and following Company best practices, policies, guidelines, implementation measures and processes adhering to COVID-19.
How to Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this opportunity, please use the Apply Online button below and remember to attach your application (resume and detailed cover letter outlining your motivation and interest in this position) and include the position in the ‘Desired Position’ field.