Office - Day Shift
8:30am to 5:00pm
Aug 31st, 2022
The Application Support Specialist is responsible for designing, coding, testing Web and Windows applications based on the .NET framework. He/she will gather critical business requirements in collaboration with multiple teams and senior leaders to ensure smooth maintenance, troubleshooting, and automation of DB related processes and procedures. This position reports to the Manager, Business Systems.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Design and develop (code) the Web and Windows applications based on .NET framework.
- Custom forms and/or web application development.
- Apply and maintain Application / Solution Version Control and prepare change control documentation.
- Review and convert existing application to one standard platform and framework.
- Interacting with multiple teams to gather, understand, document the requirement and develop the solution to support the requirements
- Building custom solutions to integrate multiple applications
- Develop and maintain / troubleshoot database objects in SQL Server
- Develop and implement SQL standards and policies in accordance with Best Practices.
- Design, code and test SQL objects like stored procedures, UDFs, Views and SSIS packages and ensure optimal performance and adherence to the Best Practices.
- Monitoring the performance and general health/capacity for SQL dB server.
- Design, write, enhance, optimize SQL Agent jobs and automate database related processes.
- Tuning and load balancing of servers SQL dB server.
- Do routine maintenance including database rebuilds/re-indexing/expansion and archiving.
- Trouble-shoot MS SQL production server problems and assist in the resolution of application problems.
- Provides technical database administration services for a multi-platform, multi-database 24×7 environment.
- Ensure the integrity of database code promotions & data fixes.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Must have strong time management, project management, organizational, and team collaboration skills.
- Two to three (2-3) years of experience C#, ASP.NET, Full Stack .NET development
- Two to three (2-3) years of experience with SQL (MS SQL), SSRS and developing queries / stored procedures.
- Experience with SharePoint Online (365 and 2003) and third party ASP.NET APIs preferred.
- Strong knowledge of working with ERP applications.
- Proficient with technologies: C#, Web AP, WCF Services, ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET CORE
- Has experience in gathering the business requirements and interacting with multiple teams and the Senior Management.
- The position location is based in our Vexos Markham, Ontario, Canada facility.
Vexos is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Vexos is committed to diversity in its workplaces and welcomes applications from all visible minority groups, women, Aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities among other self-identified diverse groups. Vexos thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those qualified and considered for an interview will be contacted.
The successful incumbent shall agree and be responsible for adhering to and following Company best practices, policies, guidelines, implementation measures and processes adhering to COVID-19.
How to Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this opportunity, please use the Apply Online button below and remember to attach your application (resume and detailed cover letter outlining your motivation and interest in this position) and include the position in the ‘Desired Position’ field.