Office - Day Shift
8:00am - 4:30pm
Feb 23rd, 2022
The Buyer is responsible for negotiation, planning, procurement, and continuity of supply for assigned commodities utilizing the MRP system.
- Negotiates, reviews, and administers contracts for assigned commodities in support of company goals and objectives.
- Utilize system to generate and adjust purchase orders in support of MRP requirements and effectively communicates areas of concern to appropriate departments, individuals, and suppliers.
- Interfaces within a cross functional team regularly meeting with Program Management, Production, Engineering, and Quality.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of policies and procedures for the operation of procurement activities.
- Maintain MRP system purchasing data and its integrity.
- Purchases electronic, mechanical, and other components to support manufacturing operations.
- Resolves purchase order discrepancies with suppliers.
- Prepare, contribute, analyze, and/or publish purchasing related metrics, reports and scorecards.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Working knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies (Lean, Six Sigma, PDCA)
- Strong negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable multi-tasking and able to deliver results under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Experience working with electronic component distributors and manufacturers of custom fabricated parts.
- Skilled in reading and interpreting electronic component datasheets and drawings.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with excellent time management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in supply chain management, materials, operations, business, or related field (and/or equivalent experience)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in purchasing electronic commodities in a manufacturing environment.
- Contract manufacturing experience preferred
- Certification in APICS (CPIM or CSCP) and/or Certified Purchasing Professional (CPP) a plus.
- Solid understanding of MRP
Vexos is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Vexos is committed to diversity in its workplaces and welcomes applications from all visible minority groups, women, Aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities among other self-identified diverse groups. Vexos thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those qualified and considered for an interview will be contacted.
The successful incumbent shall agree and be responsible for adhering to and following Company best practices, policies, guidelines, implementation measures and processes adhering to COVID-19.
How to Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this opportunity, please use the Apply Online button below and remember to attach your application (resume and detailed cover letter outlining your motivation and interest in this position) and include the position in the ‘Desired Position’ field.