Remote / Work from Home
Dec 31st, 2021
The Director, Business Development is a motivated individual who will acquire new customers, and up-sell or cross-sell to existing customers for our EMS, printed circuit board and other electro-mechanical products. This person will manage and balance a portfolio of existing customers with new customers and programs to maximize the potential and profitability of Vexos. The incumbent will be responsible for seeking out, qualifying, and securing new business, and overall customer management within his/her assigned regions. This individual may also manage a small group of Independent Representatives within the region to assist in securing new business within the marketplace. This position reports to the VP, Business Development and Program Management, Vietnam and is based in Europe.
- Leading customers through the Vexos sales process
- Timely and regular interfacing with all levels of customer management to ensure a thorough and full understanding of the customer’s interests, requirements, and opportunities.
- Developing clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers.
- Building strong customer relationships and customer recognition of the Vexos value proposition for long term solutions of their manufacturing needs.
- Analyzing the territory/market’s potential and determining the value of existing and prospective customers’ value to the organization.
- Interfacing and coordinating the solution and resolution management with customer’s key contacts and Vexos business leads for any issue related to product manufacturing, test specifications/results, purchase order release, engineering, or quality issues, etc.
- Driving and coordinating all aspects of new program development, quoting, sampling qualifications as required.
- Participates in trade shows and conventions as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree (Engineering or Business-Related Discipline) completion required
- 5-7 years of progressive sales experience in electronics industry (preferably in EMS) with a proven track record of sales success and client development
- Possess a significant understanding of electronics manufacturing and experience in selling to OEM accounts
- Entrepreneurial mindset and strong complex B2B solution selling abilities.
- Strong ability to proactively identify a customer’s requirements, strategize and present a comprehensive solution.
- Comprehensive understanding of electronics manufacturing, experience in selling to OEM accounts, superior analytical skills, and ability to be an independent strategic thinker.
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Experience with SalesForce.com or other similar CRM and with LinkedIn Navigator is an asset
- Travel will be required, primarily in local region and various trips to manufacturing facilities
Vexos is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Vexos is committed to diversity in its workplaces and welcomes applications from all visible minority groups, women, Aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities among other self-identified diverse groups. Vexos thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those qualified and considered for an interview will be contacted.
The successful incumbent shall agree and be responsible for adhering to and following Company best practices, policies, guidelines, implementation measures and processes adhering to COVID-19.
How to Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this opportunity, please use the Apply Online button below and remember to attach your application (resume and detailed cover letter outlining your motivation and interest in this position) and include the position in the ‘Desired Position’ field.