7:00am - 4:30pm
Feb 23rd, 2022
The maintenance Technician is in charge of performing ongoing facility maintenance and completing repairs on equipment. Their duties include fixing machinery, plumbing, heating, and wiring, inspecting buildings to confirm safety standards and scheduling major repairs with the building’s inhabitants.
- Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements.
- Plan and schedule repairs
- Schedule contractors, from getting quotes, scheduling on site visits, coordinating.
- Carry out routine servicing of equipment as part of measures to prevent breakdowns and malfunctions, which could thwart production.
- Troubleshoot equipment to determine specific malfunctioning issues and tackle them accordingly.
- Read work orders to confirm the production task is within the capacity of the factory’s equipment to abide by manufactures guidelines.
- Carefully read manuals of equipment and interpret them to understand how to operate and maintain them properly.
- Inspect newly acquired equipment upon arrival, checking every part to be sure they are working and meet up with industry standards before they are use in the factory.
- Strictly abide by safety regulations during manufacturing activities, keeping equipment in check to avoid mechanical hazards.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
- 5 years’ experience
- Certificate in HVAC, building maintenance technology or relevant field is preferred.
- Critical thinking ability to troubleshoot and detect malfunctioning.
- In-depth knowledge of electrical and mechanical maintenance process
- Advanced understanding of general maintenance procedures and techniques.
- Effective problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be well- organized and can prioritize tasks.
High School Diploma or Trade Certificate
Vexos is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Vexos is committed to diversity in its workplaces and welcomes applications from all visible minority groups, women, Aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities among other self-identified diverse groups. Vexos thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those qualified and considered for an interview will be contacted.
The successful incumbent shall agree and be responsible for adhering to and following Company best practices, policies, guidelines, implementation measures and processes adhering to COVID-19.
How to Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this opportunity, please use the Apply Online button below and remember to attach your application (resume and detailed cover letter outlining your motivation and interest in this position) and include the position in the ‘Desired Position’ field.