Office - Day Shift
8:30am to 5:00pm
Dec 2nd, 2022
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Reporting to the SVP and General Manager Markham, the Manager Business Systems (IT) will provide leadership, hands-on administration, and support in maintaining and enhancing key business systems utilized in the organization. This senior management role will be responsible for managing, leading, and overseeing technical resources in providing a broad range of business services and technical solutions.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Manage the applications and business systems (ERP, MES, WMS, and SharePoint, etc.), provide support for a range of departments in meeting their business objectives and goals
- Work closely with all stakeholders to ensure technical solutions meet business objectives and requirements, ensuring scalability, reliability, and potential risks
- Assist in recruiting, hiring, and providing appropriate training for the staff on technology, evaluates performance, recommends development opportunities, and discusses performance improvement needs/goals with individuals
- SQL server database administration including monitoring system performance and database backups, creation of SQL tables, views, Stored Procedures, SQL Jobs, and Triggers
- Accountable for delivery of departmental reports and KPIs through utilization of various reporting tools (Custom applications, SSRS, Access, Excel, Crystal, Power BI etc.)
- Ensure the businesses data is safely protected through backups, ensure recoverability of backups in an effective manner coordinated with Infrastructure team
- Responsible for daily operational support to the organization through IT Team and act as the primary point of contact for escalations
- Oversee the IT system infrastructure for optimum performance and system operations to support day to day business operation
- Ensure documentation and maintenance of key business processes, applications, and workflows
- Work with third-party vendors and consultants for solution delivery, integrations, and automation
- Provide after-hours support as required for critical issues
- Collaborate with Corporate IT team on system implementation and budgeting to provide support globally
- Develop strategy and vision for the effective use of information technology systems.
- Develop and manage information systems and provide architectural and technical inputs to the project.
- Perform Requirement and Gap analysis for cross functional processes
- Oversee the life cycle of changes to business systems and prepare detailed reports
- Work closely with the programmers to develop, test and document the systems.
- This position has one direct report, a Systems Administrator and is a member of the Site Operations Management Team.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Postsecondary education in Computer Science or related field and equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in a similar management role, overseeing business systems and people management
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in managing business systems like ERP, MES, WMS, and SharePoint, etc.
- Minimum 8+ years of experience in SQL server database administration including monitoring system performance and database backups, creation of SQL tables, views, and Stored Procedures
- Proficient experience in business systems integration technologies such as APIs, DTS packages
- Proficient experience managing and building internal applications and tools utilizing various technologies
- Hands-on experience with report writing by using tools such as MS Power BI, SSRS, Crystal Reports, Access, and Excel
- Hands-on experience with .Net Application and VB scripting
- Thorough understanding of Microsoft suite including Office 365 and SharePoint
- Excellent strategic thinking, decision making and business acumen
- Effective management of competing priorities
- Effective interpersonal, customer service, organizational, and team-building skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and well organized
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment is an asset
HOURS OF WORK AND SCHEDULE:
- The normal hours of work for this position is Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.
- Once orientation and onboarding is completed, between 3-6 months from the start date, there is an opportunity for a potential Hybrid Schedule based on business needs and this can be arranged with the SVP/GM.
- As this is a critical senior role, there is an expectation that the incumbent is willing to work and be accessible for emergencies and unexpected business disruptions outside the regular hours of work depending on the situation or circumstances.
- The position location is based in Markham, Ontario facilities (Building A and/or Building B)
- Incumbent must be open to working at both facilities as business and operational needs dictate
Vexos is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Vexos is committed to diversity in its workplaces and welcomes applications from all visible minority groups, women, Aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities among other self-identified diverse groups. Vexos thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those qualified and considered for an interview will be contacted.
The successful incumbent shall agree and be responsible for adhering to and following Company best practices, policies, guidelines, implementation measures and processes adhering to COVID-19.
How to Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this opportunity, please use the Apply Online button below and remember to attach your application (resume and detailed cover letter outlining your motivation and interest in this position) and include the position in the ‘Desired Position’ field.