Office - Day Shift
8:30am to 5:00pm
Jul 31st, 2022
The Manufacturing Engineering Specialist will work with senior manufacturing, test and quality engineers and production staff to introduce new products within EPM’s manufacturing and quality systems. Within VEXOS, the Manufacturing Engineering Specialist will work within a cross functional team, liaising with Manufacturing, Engineering, and Quality to ensure that products satisfy Vexos’ and the customer’s requirements. This position reports to the VP of Engineering.
- Manage overall product ownership readiness and requirement including but not limited to product routing, equipment, process requirements and quality plans.
- Working closely with Program Management and Global Quotation to provide, update and maintain labor quote and content.
- Review new product designs for manufacturability, and co-ordinate testability review if applicable. Encourage customer incorporation of recommendations.
- Ensure DFM and DFT requirements are conveyed to customer design teams.
- Review customer drawing packages and convert the information into a standard set of internal Product Work Instructions
- Review and implement customer product changes into internal systems (ECNs) for product clarity in manufacturing flow including ECO cost impact and implementation.
- Investigate, recommend and implement: reliable, consistent, and efficient product assembly processes (routes, improved layouts and process flows with supporting cost benefit and ROI analysis, bench and table solutions for cellular manufacturing work spaces, handling equipment, jig and tooling solutions for product manufacturing, storage solutions for raw materials and Work In Process (WIP)
- Specify/design/procure special jigs and tools necessary to support these processes
- Instruct, train and guide (provide technical support) production personnel
- Monitor processes with production and introduce areas of improved efficiency where possible
- Working closely with operations, manage and maintain routing and cycle time accuracy and update as necessary.
- In coordination with Document Control, Process Engineering and Quality, review and approve respective work instructions, procedures, profiles and related product operations.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electronics preferred)
- A minimum of 5 years in Electronics or related Manufacturing experience
- EMS experience is an asset
- Knowledge in Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, ISO would be an asset
- Self-starter, a team player, good communication skills and able to handle multiple tasks smoothly
- Experience with assembly process evaluation, control and validation, PFMEA, SPC, and first article process controls, Design of Experiments (DOE), Design for Manufacturability (DFM)
- Excellent Knowledge of electronic assembly and documentation
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office applications, gerber viewers.
- Knowledge of CAM350, Technomatix, Live Cycle, Computer Aided Design (CAD) is an asset
- Knowledge in IPC-A-610 and IPC-J-STD-001 Workmanship standards
- Familiarity with ISO procedures, experience working in an ISO 9001 electronics manufacturing environment
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Police background check is required
LOCATION – This position is based in our Markham, Ontario facilities.
Vexos is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Vexos is committed to diversity in its workplaces and welcomes applications from all visible minority groups, women, Aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities among other self-identified diverse groups. Vexos thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those qualified and considered for an interview will be contacted.
The successful incumbent shall agree and be responsible for adhering to and following Company best practices, policies, guidelines, implementation measures and processes adhering to COVID-19.
How to Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this opportunity, please use the Apply Online button below and remember to attach your application (resume and detailed cover letter outlining your motivation and interest in this position) and include the position in the ‘Desired Position’ field.