7:00am - 3:30pm
Jul 29th, 2022
Primary responsibility for this position will be to ensure SMT part supply and that production does not go down on part exhaust. Will support “parts out” on the line out analysis, ensure MSD labels are supplied, labelling short strip parts to prevent mixed and part missing issues. Supporting production operations so that others may maximize their time in value-adding work. Delivering, staging, and removing parts and supplies from production cells to enable a continuous production flow.
- Coordinates the movement of materials from the warehouse to production and back in the right amount, at the right time, in the right place, and with the packaging and handling requirements
- Uses efficient work processes and follows standard work in the performance of daily routines
- Responsible for supplying assigned production areas with materials for manufacturing, as to not interrupt the production process, and handling documents necessary for accurate inventory transactions
- Maintains workplace organization regarding meeting materials, parts and supplies needs of production personnel
- Works as part of the manufacturing team to assist in meeting takt time
- Work with inventory control staff for monitoring, maintaining, and organizing inventory levels. This includes storage of raw material, work in process, finished goods and supplies. Helps resolve inventory discrepancies and supports efficiencies in material movements
- Responsible for putting inventory in its designated areas in an organized, timely, and efficient manner
- Responsible for maintaining an accurate inventory and count of materials in all warehouse locations
- Effectively communicate with personnel in other departments to ensure accurate and timely deliveries
- Generate and manage daily cycle counts based on system
- Investigate variances and do advanced root cause analysis
- Research negative inventory balances, submit BOM corrections, and make adjustments when authorized
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle last minute requests
- Ability to communicate and report on key quality, output data and possible improvements to Process Engineer
- Report all issues to QC and Supervisor and ensure housekeeping is always maintained
- Handle and store materials/boards using ESD guidelines
- Ensure quality standards are maintained all through the production
- Position may involve physical demands such as lifting of heavy objects
- Perform any other relevant tasks to help any other area in production
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- High School Diploma
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- Certificate or Diploma in Electronics or enrolled in a technical school would be an asset
- Good work habits and housekeeping
- May be requested to work overtime or weekends under special circumstances
- Police background check required
- This position is based in Markham, Ontario, Canada.
Vexos is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Vexos is committed to diversity in its workplaces and welcomes applications from all visible minority groups, women, Aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities among other self-identified diverse groups. Vexos thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those qualified and considered for an interview will be contacted.
The successful incumbent shall agree and be responsible for adhering to and following Company best practices, policies, guidelines, implementation measures and processes adhering to COVID-19.
How to Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this opportunity, please use the Apply Online button below and remember to attach your application (resume and detailed cover letter outlining your motivation and interest in this position) and include the position in the ‘Desired Position’ field.