Office - Day Shift
7:00am - 4:30pm
Jan 31st, 2022
The Production Scheduler / Planner will act as the primary interface between Operations and other functional groups in performing all duties related to the management of work orders, the planning of product ship dates, and the creation of tactical work center schedules to support business goals and assist in reaching financial targets for the facility.
- Evaluation of incoming customer orders to determine material lead time, manufacturing lead time and capacity constraints to identify delivery commit date
- Daily analysis, planning, and review of work center capacity and work order due dates based on requirements loaded by Sales and Program Management.
- Creates daily / weekly work center and shipping schedules based on machine / labor capacities and material availability.
- Manages work orders and work order due dates. Coordinates production priorities and activities with Operations Management and Team Leaders.
- Effective sequencing of jobs, processes, and distributes assignments to individual work centers and lines. Provides the interface between Operations, Supply Chain, and Program Management.
- Generates back log report, confers with department supervisors / manager for revised completion dates due to capacity, confers with supply chain for procurement of short parts and revises expected completion date of order.
- Maintain effective communications with internal customers regarding inventory accuracy, engineering changes, shop order closeouts, and labor reporting.
- Participate in related staff, team and/or task group meetings to ensure the continuous improvement of processes, methods, productivity and quality, while reducing costs.
- Maintains daily communication and interfaces with Program Management, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Shipping Departments regarding stock, scheduling, and ship dates.
- Minimum of an Associate degree with a focus in Operations Management, Industrial Engineering, or Business preferred or a combination of education or equivalent work experience.
- Must be detail oriented and demonstrate success in a progressive role with analytical problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate with all departments at all levels in the organization and provide instructions and present information clearly.
- Comfortable multi-tasking and able to deliver results under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Solid understanding of ERP / MRP systems.
- Previous EMS and / or contract manufacturing experience preferred.
- LaGrange, OH
Vexos is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Vexos is committed to diversity in its workplaces and welcomes applications from all visible minority groups, women, Aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities among other self-identified diverse groups. Vexos thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those qualified and considered for an interview will be contacted.
The successful incumbent shall agree and be responsible for adhering to and following Company best practices, policies, guidelines, implementation measures and processes adhering to COVID-19.
How to Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this opportunity, please use the Apply Online button below and remember to attach your application (resume and detailed cover letter outlining your motivation and interest in this position) and include the position in the ‘Desired Position’ field.