8:30am to 5:00pm
Feb 23rd, 2022
Operating within a high-mix, on demand EMS production environment, the Quality Engineer will manage the site Quality functions, and assure and advocate for quality materials, processes and products. The Quality Engineer will collaborate with other site functions to monitor site quality trends, drive continuous improvement in process and product quality, and educate internal staff and external customers regarding customer/product quality requirements, and Vexos quality expectations.
- Responsible for the effective operation of the Lagrange site quality management system to satisfy customer, regulatory, and Vexos corporate requirements.
- Drive product & process quality improvement within the facility, with the objective of customer satisfaction through reduction in external and internal failures.
- Oversee the investigations of complaints and non-conformances to ensure that appropriate and effective corrective actions and preventive actions are implemented and appropriately reported to our customers as required.
- Represent Vexos Lagrange on quality matters with our customers as required.
- Ensure effective quality planning activities are conducted for new product introductions. Collaborate with site staff to ensure quality plans are realized.
- Maintain and update all site QMS registrations as required. Schedule and conduct management review meetings, internal and external audits to maintain certifications. Maintain and develop Lagrange QMS documentation.
- Support the materials organization’s supplier quality process locally. Arrange supplier and product qualification and compliance audits.
- Facilitate training and education of Vexos team members and stakeholders in quality awareness, quality improvement methodologies and in technical quality requirements (such as IPC acceptance.)
- Participate in Vexos Corporate Quality initiatives and development projects as identified by the VP, Global Quality.
- Participate in Vexos Lagrange management team activities as required.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 4 years in a Quality role in an Electronics or related Manufacturing industry.
- A solid understanding of ISO9001 and ISO13485 requirements is required. Knowledge of FDA QSR and/or automotive requirements would be an asset.
- Solid knowledge of statistical quality tools and quality methodologies. (8D, FMEA, Ishikawa, etc.)
- Open minded, collaborative and team-oriented attitude, analytical problem solving capabilities to optimize team capabilities
- Self-driven, independent and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize tasks based on demand
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Advanced Computer skills. Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite of programs
- Knowledge in Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma would be an asset
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to prepare and represent the organization externally with suppliers and customers
- Strong interpersonal and organization skills
- Bachelor’s Engineering Degree Required: Preferably Electrical/Electronics.
- Six Sigma Certification / ASQ CQE certification preferred
Vexos is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Vexos is committed to diversity in its workplaces and welcomes applications from all visible minority groups, women, Aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities among other self-identified diverse groups. Vexos thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those qualified and considered for an interview will be contacted.
The successful incumbent shall agree and be responsible for adhering to and following Company best practices, policies, guidelines, implementation measures and processes adhering to COVID-19.
How to Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this opportunity, please use the Apply Online button below and remember to attach your application (resume and detailed cover letter outlining your motivation and interest in this position) and include the position in the ‘Desired Position’ field.