7:00am - 3:30pm
Dec 2nd, 2022
Responsible for rework and repair on SMT components as well as touch up of wave soldered parts on the assemblies and hand soldering of PCB assemblies. This includes rework and repair on the PCB assemblies as well.
- Perform assigned production steps per work instructions.
- Solder through hole and SMT components on the PCB.
- Communicate all issues found during hand soldering to the Supervisor.
- Repair and rework through hole and SMT components.
- Operate HAKO 702 and 472 repair stations and PACE ST25-TT rework station.
- Verify all processes are performed to the documentation.
- Co-ordinate with shift Supervisor and take priorities from them for work.
- Integrate product if required, will include simple assembly instructions.
- Make sure housekeeping is being done at all areas and is maintained at all times.
- Ensure that each board is being properly scanned.
- Understand that not scanning board and performing the operation without using ViewStation during operation may be cause for dismissal.
- Bring all scanning related issues to the attention of the Supervisor.
- Handle and store materials/boards using ESD guidelines.
- Ensure quality standards are maintained all through the production.
- Position may involve physical demands such as lifting of heavy objects.
- Perform any other relevant tasks to help out any other area in production.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Good knowledge of electronic assemblies including through hole and SMT components, drawings and BOMs.
- Familiar with IPC standards with respect to PCB repair.
- Proficient use of microscope.
- Knowledge of quality systems and ESD control.
- Good work habits and housekeeping.
- Experience with IPC Standards and ISO 9002 would be helpful.
- Certificate or Diploma in Electronics or enrolled in a technical school would be an asset.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in Hand Soldering skills/experience preferred.
- The position location is based in Markham, Ontario facilities (Building A and/or Building B)
- Incumbent must be open to working at both facilities as business and operational needs dictate
- Normal scheduled hours of work: 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM, Day Shift
Vexos is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Vexos is committed to diversity in its workplaces and welcomes applications from all visible minority groups, women, Aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities among other self-identified diverse groups. Vexos thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those qualified and considered for an interview will be contacted.
The successful incumbent shall agree and be responsible for adhering to and following Company best practices, policies, guidelines, implementation measures and processes adhering to COVID-19.
How to Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this opportunity, please use the Apply Online button below and remember to attach your application (resume and detailed cover letter outlining your motivation and interest in this position) and include the position in the ‘Desired Position’ field.