Office - Day Shift
8:00am - 4:30pm
Dec 2nd, 2022
To support the Controller and Accounting Supervisor in carrying out the responsibilities of the Finance / Accounting Department, and assist with combining the accounting duties of two facilities.
- Determine daily drawdown amounts necessary from line of credit, submit drawdown requests through online banking, and post all transactions to ledgers.
- Review lockbox receipts through online banking and apply customer payments, adjustments, credits, and offsets in ERP system.
- Communicate with Program Management and customers on customer statements, open invoices, and collections.
- Research and resolve customer issues, working with Program Management.
- Prepare weekly reports related to AR balances, cash transactions, customer sales, and customer backlog balances.
- Assist with month end close calculations and processes, including the calculation of deferred revenue.
- Prepare and enter journal entries to book expenses across multiple departments and cost centers (including intercompany transactions).
- Assist with intercompany charge backs.
- Reconcile various accounts weekly and monthly.
- Prepare monthly borrowing base calculation for line of credit.
- Prepare and submit monthly insurance report for international AR balances.
- File quarterly “Use Tax” returns with state of Ohio.
- File semi-annual “Sales Tax” returns with state of Ohio.
- Respond to requests from outside auditors (Bank and Financial).
- Document and maintain written processes for all responsibilities.
- Administrative duties such as maintaining lists/logs, pick-up/drop-off mail, providing telephone support, and filing.
- Crosstrain and backup for other accounting department positions.
- Perform other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time – quite often on short notice – by the Controller or Accounting Supervisor.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Must be detailed oriented, with no tolerance for financial inaccuracies (reconcile to penny).
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, comfortable creating basic formulas (SUM, SUMIF, SUBTOTAL, VLOOKUP, etc.) and pivot tables.
- Must be able to analyze financial information, and create analysis in Excel to serve as audit backup.
- Must have strong verbal and writing skills for customer communications.
- Must maintain highest level of confidentiality.
- Problem solving experience with accounting systems, learn to fix issues and keep accounts and sub-ledgers balances reconciled to ledger balances.
- Willing to work with multiple accounting systems and ledgers if necessary.
- Experience with Manex and Microsoft Dynamics a plus.
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with different levels of employees.
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or a Bachelor’s degree in business with emphasis in accounting, is required.
- Degree(s) must be from a credible college or university.
- Course work in job costing or experience with manufacturing a plus.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in accounting is required.
- LaGrange, Ohio
- $53K to $60K, depending on background and experience
Vexos is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Vexos is committed to diversity in its workplaces and welcomes applications from all visible minority groups, women, Aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities among other self-identified diverse groups. Vexos thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those qualified and considered for an interview will be contacted.
The successful incumbent shall agree and be responsible for adhering to and following Company best practices, policies, guidelines, implementation measures and processes adhering to COVID-19.
How to Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this opportunity, please use the Apply Online button below and remember to attach your application (resume and detailed cover letter outlining your motivation and interest in this position) and include the position in the ‘Desired Position’ field.