7:00am - 3:30pm
Dec 2nd, 2022
Assist and participate in the daily operation of the SMT lines. Configure the feeders with the correct parts to load the Pick and Place machine. To ensure that the feeders are removed, and the inventory returned to Stock once the entire job in SMT is completed for a product.
New grads are welcome to apply, experience in the EMS industry is preferred.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for SMT machine/feeder setup.
- Locate correct stencil for PCB.
- Locate all components required from floor inventory for the job being run.
- Responsible for loading and unloading feeders off line.
- Assist in running the SMT lines as and when required.
- Put away the extra inventory and stencils in place once the job is completed.
- Perform parts taping and reeling when required.
- Make sure housekeeping is being done at all areas and is maintained at all times.
- Handle and store materials/boards using ESD guidelines.
- Ensure quality standards are maintained all through the production.
- Position may involve physical demands such as lifting of heavy objects.
- Perform any other relevant tasks to help out any other area in production.
- Perform other tasks as required.
- Participate as an active member of the production assembly team and assembles products.
- Complete required documentation relating to business or regulatory requirements.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area to facilitate manufacturing functions.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- General knowledge of electronic assemblies and manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge of quality systems and ESD control.
- Good work habits and housekeeping.
- Experience with IPC Standards and ISO 9002 would be helpful.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to communicate effectively through oral and written communications.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to work with others collaboratively.
- Strong organizational skills.
- The position location is based in Markham, Ontario facilities (Building A and/or Building B)
- Incumbent must be open to working at both facilities as business and operational needs dictate
- Normal scheduled hours of work: 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM, Day Shift
Vexos is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Vexos is committed to diversity in its workplaces and welcomes applications from all visible minority groups, women, Aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities among other self-identified diverse groups. Vexos thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those qualified and considered for an interview will be contacted.
The successful incumbent shall agree and be responsible for adhering to and following Company best practices, policies, guidelines, implementation measures and processes adhering to COVID-19.
How to Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this opportunity, please use the Apply Online button below and remember to attach your application (resume and detailed cover letter outlining your motivation and interest in this position) and include the position in the ‘Desired Position’ field.