11:00pm - 7:00am
Dec 2nd, 2022
Successful candidates must be available during the first 2-3 weeks of training from 7:00 AM – 12:00 AM (days and/or afternoon shift of 8.5 hours each per shift assigned) and will be scheduled accordingly. Once training is completed, candidates will transfer to their regular night shift schedule Monday to Friday from 11:00 PM to 7:00 AM.
The successful candidate will be responsible for inspecting SMT boards as per IPC-610 standards. This position reports to the SMT Supervisor.
- Responsible for “first off” and “in-line inspection” of all boards being produced by the SMT lines.
- Ensure the parts are installed on the board as per BOM and ViewStation.
- Ensure workmanship conforms to IPC 610 Standards.
- To make sure first off is being done completely before giving a green signal to the SMT line to run.
- Ensure all the problems found during the first off inspection have been highlighted to the SMT and QC Supervisor and have been rectified before running the second board.
- Verify all processes are performed to the documentation.
- To ensure to run Quality Product on all SMT lines, stop and raise issues when required.
- Report all issues to QC and SMT Supervisor.
- Make sure housekeeping is being done at all areas and is always maintained.
- Ensure that each board is being properly scanned through Tecnomatix, read Tecnomatix instructions in the training aids.
- Ensure that use of ViewStation during scanning boards and performing the operations is a critical requirement.
- Bring all scanning related issues to the attention of the QC Supervisor.
- Handle and store materials/boards using ESD guidelines.
- Ensure quality standards are maintained all through the production.
- Position may involve physical demands such as lifting of heavy objects.
- Perform any other relevant tasks to help any other area in production.
- Perform other tasks as required.
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- 1-2 years SMT experience required; candidates with no experience shall not be considered
- Good knowledge of electronic assemblies including through hole and SMT components, drawings and BOMs.
- Direct experience with IPC Standards and ISO 9002 is preferred.
- Able to read values and correct polarity of Surface Mount components.
- Familiar with and general understanding of IPC standards with respect to PCB repair.
- Prior or current Certification in IPCA 610 Standard.
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality systems and ESD control.
- Good work habits and housekeeping; understanding and working within 5S principles.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills.
- The position location is based in Markham, Ontario facilities (Building A and/or Building B)
- Incumbent must be open to working at both facilities as business and operational needs dictate
- Normal scheduled hours of work: 11:00 PM – 7:00 AM, Night Shift
- Training schedule (subjected to changes upon business needs): 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM, Day Shift and/or 3:30 PM – 12:00 AM, Afternoon Shift
Vexos is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Vexos is committed to diversity in its workplaces and welcomes applications from all visible minority groups, women, Aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities among other self-identified diverse groups. Vexos thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those qualified and considered for an interview will be contacted.
The successful incumbent shall agree and be responsible for adhering to and following Company best practices, policies, guidelines, implementation measures and processes adhering to COVID-19.
How to Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this opportunity, please use the Apply Online button below and remember to attach your application (resume and detailed cover letter outlining your motivation and interest in this position) and include the position in the ‘Desired Position’ field.