3:30pm - 12:00am
Jul 29th, 2022
Assist and participate in the daily operation of the SMT lines. This position reports to the SMT Supervisor.
New grads are welcome to apply, experience in the EMS industry is preferred.
- Responsible for running the SMT lines and SMT machine/feeder setup.
- Perform parts taping and reeling when required.
- Verifying board assembly prior to reflow.
- Ensure the parts are installed on the board as per BOM and View Station.
- Ensure workmanship conforms to IPC 610 Standards.
- Ensure first off is being done completely before giving a green signal to the SMT line to run.
- Ensure all the problems found during the first off inspection have been highlighted to the SMT technicians and have been rectified before running the second board.
- Perform daily maintenance of SMT equipment and verify all processes are performed to the documentation.
- Run Quality Product on all SMT lines, stop and raise issues when required.
- Report all issues to QC and SMT Supervisor and ensure housekeeping is always maintained.
- Ensure that each board is being properly scanned through Tecnomatix.
- Understand that not scanning board and performing the operation without using View Station during operation may be cause for dismissal.
- Bring all scanning related issues to the attention of the SMT Supervisor.
- Handle and store materials/boards using ESD guidelines.
- Ensure quality standards are maintained all through the production.
- Position may involve physical demands such as lifting of heavy objects.
- Perform any other relevant tasks to help any other area in production.
- Perform other tasks as required.
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Certificate or Diploma in Electronics or enrolled in a technical school would be an asset.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in SMT Line Operation.
- Good knowledge of electronic assemblies including through hole and SMT components, drawings and BOMS.
- Able to read values and correct polarity of Surface Mount components.
- Knowledge of quality systems and ESD control.
- Good work habits and housekeeping.
- Police Criminal Background check required as a condition of employment.
- This position is based in Markham, Ontario, Canada.
Vexos is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Vexos is committed to diversity in its workplaces and welcomes applications from all visible minority groups, women, Aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities among other self-identified diverse groups. Vexos thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those qualified and considered for an interview will be contacted.
The successful incumbent shall agree and be responsible for adhering to and following Company best practices, policies, guidelines, implementation measures and processes adhering to COVID-19.
How to Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this opportunity, please use the Apply Online button below and remember to attach your application (resume and detailed cover letter outlining your motivation and interest in this position) and include the position in the ‘Desired Position’ field.