11:00pm - 7:00am
Aug 31st, 2022
Assist and participate in the daily technical support and operation of the SMT lines. This position is responsible for creating and updating the machine programs for the SMT equipment. The incumbent will have previous experience programming Surface Mount Technology (SMT) equipment and be familiar with different CAD data formats and component requirements. Knowledge of ASCII, Gerber, Excel and Word is preferred. This position reports to the VP of Engineering.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- SMT Programming and First Article Verification process for circuit board assemblies and Equipment.
- Support Program updates from line changes and Engineering Change Requests.
- Provide First line of support to production for SMT equipment setup and Operation
- Provide First line of support for SMT troubleshooting including but not limited to solder paste inspection, screen printer, SPI, AOI and Reflow Ovens)
- Responsible for monitoring, evaluating and improving SMT equipment performance including OEE, utilization, changeover and reduction in detractors.
- Work with Process and Quality Engineering teams to review and analyze defect/yield data, coordinate root cause and corrective actions using appropriate tools and methodologies.
- Support new product introduction at SMT and provide feedback on Design for Manufacturability (DFM).
- Support continuous improvement efforts.
- Assist manufacturing and production readiness reviews.
- Work with internal/external maintenance personnel and/or technical personnel to maintain an acceptable level of quality and productivity on equipment.
- Mentor and train operators on proper equipment operation and production requirements.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Associates degree in Computer or Electrical preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 2 to 3 years of machine programming experience. Familiarity with Panasonic equipment and software an asset.
- General knowledge of electronic assemblies and manufacturing processes.
- Strong Computer skills including Microsoft Office and BOM/CAD manipulation.
- Knowledge of IPC-A-610 and J-STD-001 D
- Strong Team building and interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes, prioritize and execute multiple tasks in a fast pace environment.
- Familiar with Component Standards, Datasheets and CAD/ Orientation Standards.
- Knowledge of Quality systems and ESD control.
- Skilled in problem solving techniques and methods (process, product, procedure).
- Experience with continuous improvement and Lean manufacturing preferred.
- This position is based in our Markham, Ontario facilities.
Vexos is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Vexos is committed to diversity in its workplaces and welcomes applications from all visible minority groups, women, Aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities among other self-identified diverse groups. Vexos thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those qualified and considered for an interview will be contacted.
The successful incumbent shall agree and be responsible for adhering to and following Company best practices, policies, guidelines, implementation measures and processes adhering to COVID-19.
How to Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this opportunity, please use the Apply Online button below and remember to attach your application (resume and detailed cover letter outlining your motivation and interest in this position) and include the position in the ‘Desired Position’ field.