7:00am - 4:30pm
Feb 23rd, 2022
This position will be responsible for circuit board assembly, soldering, secondary operations, and mechanical assembly in Manufacturing. These employees will demonstrate a high degree of flexibility by performing different tasks depending upon workload demands. Will maintain an atmosphere of teamwork throughout Vexos. Quality and workmanship standards being performed must meet or exceed Vexos and customer expectations
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform assigned production steps per work instructions.
- Solder through hole and SMT components on the PCB.
- Communicate all issues found during hand soldering to the Supervisor.
- Verify all processes are performed to the documentation.
- Co-ordinate with shift Supervisor and take priorities from them for work.
- Integrate product if required, will include simple assembly instructions.
- Make sure housekeeping is being done at all areas and is maintained at all times.
- Ensure that each board is being properly scanned through Tecnomatics, read Tecnomatics instructions in the training aid TR- MFG -04- B for any doubts.
- Understand that not scanning board and performing the operation without using View Station during operation may be cause for dismissal
- Bring all scanning related issues to the attention of the Supervisor
- Handle and store materials/boards using ESD guidelines.
- Ensure quality standards are maintained all through the production.
- Position may involve physical demands such as lifting of heavy objects.
- Perform any other relevant tasks to help out any other area in production.
- Perform other tasks as required
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Good knowledge of electronic assemblies including through hole and SMT components, drawings and BOMS.
- Assemble circuit boards on the hand pass line as a team member and/or assemble product alone using process documents and drawings.
- Perform Touch-Up on THT PC and SMT circuit boards per the documented methods.
- Perform trace repairs, fine pitch soldering
- Utilizing the AOI remote station touchup PCA’s
- Perform Secondary operations per customer drawings and/or process documentation.
- Perform rework on products per documented instructions and/or ECO or deviation documents.
- Responsible for work performed by you and your team at or above the standard average of assembly speed and quality of product.
- Collect data to support process improvements.
- Participate on improvement teams as assigned to area.
- Able to identify components and their values, both SMT and THT.
- Support and enforce the Quality Assurance, ESD, safety and company policies.
- Assist in other areas as required to meet customer requirements.
- Assist in training personnel in reading drawings, parts identification, and any other aspect needed in manufacturing area.
- Set-up and operate all prep equipment in the PCB manufacturing area.
Education and Experience:
- Experience with IPC Standards and ISO 9002 would be helpful.
- Certificate or Diploma in Electronics or enrolled in a technical school would be an asset.
Vexos is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Vexos is committed to diversity in its workplaces and welcomes applications from all visible minority groups, women, Aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities among other self-identified diverse groups. Vexos thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those qualified and considered for an interview will be contacted.
The successful incumbent shall agree and be responsible for adhering to and following Company best practices, policies, guidelines, implementation measures and processes adhering to COVID-19.
How to Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this opportunity, please use the Apply Online button below and remember to attach your application (resume and detailed cover letter outlining your motivation and interest in this position) and include the position in the ‘Desired Position’ field.