Office - Day Shift
8:30am to 5:00pm
Dec 2nd, 2022
The Test Engineer will lead process development and improvement initiatives in coordination with Quality, Manufacturing Engineering, Program Management, Materials and Production Staff. The Test Engineer is responsible for the testing of electronic products in-house to ensure that when delivered, it meets customer functional and quality expectations. The Test Engineer with work closely with customer engineering to setup pass / fail limits, develop and implement the final test strategy. This role will establish and enhance manufacturing test processes, effective cost approaches in order to drive for continuous improvements and higher quality/coverage.
- Provide leadership, training, direction and guidance to engineers and technicians.
- Lead Best Practices, Value Stream Mapping and Future State Initiatives.
- Recommend/Develop/Establish a test strategy for Printed Circuit Board Assemblies (PCBAs) and/or electronics systems by meeting customer supplied specifications.
- Perform Design for Testability (DFT) Analysis and identify design improvements, critical issues and coverage requirements to meet end functional and quality targets.
- Lead SW and HW Functional Test Development Activities including third party coordination and project management.
- Enhance existing test processes by using standard EMS tools such as AOI, X-Ray, Flying probe, ICT, BSCAN, Functional test and system test where applicable depending on complexity, volume, cost and manufacturing cycle such as NPI or production.
- Review customer test documentation and qualify bill of material (BOM) structures, process for program parts and the appropriate files required to support the associated test process.
- Set up and validate test equipment, software and fixtures for customer’s products and PCBAs.
- Create and update detailed test procedures, if not provided by customer, based on a step by step methodology of performing the customized test process in Vexos manufacturing environment.
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering to optimize test flow and sequence of manufacturing process.
- Ensure calibration/maintenance compliances of all Vexos owned or customer consigned test equipment used in manufacturing.
- Monitor test yields using our MES data collection system based on set quality goals, and: o Establish a continuous improvement engineering action register; updates will be required on a weekly basis.
- Perform electrical failure analysis to the component level using schematics.
- Work with manufacturing engineer to resolve manufacturing defects caught at test.
- Work with customer to highlight design issues and manage resolution.
- Verify test set up and provide enhancements through procedural, mechanical or automation software additions to improve yields and test process.
- Review NFF and False Fails and develop/ establish test recommendations to address, optimize or eliminate.
- Analyze, debug and support “non-functional” test stations, fixtures and equipment and establish a plan to minimize down time.
- Mentor/Train test engineers and technicians on performing test process, provide additional documentation if needed.
- Ensure the safety of the test operator and/or technician is designed into the test process and never jeopardized.
- Evaluate test cycle times and provide a capacity measurement report for stations and manpower based on product demand loaded.
- Interface with customer and on-site engineering team to improve test coverage.
- Evaluate customer Engineering Change Orders (ECOs), identify hardware and software impact on test process, provide cost/labor changes if applicable; implement ECO when all technical/cost related items are submitted and resolved.
- Validate/Update test programs with customer Engineering Change Notice (ECN) – Altering the test programs to meet new customer test requirements.
- Backup all test programs – Ensure a spare copy for test programs is available or obtain from installation s/w from customer or development group, if not stored on the network.
- Ensure/Prepare a list of necessary spares used on the test stations such as cables, connectors and test equipment to reduce down time.
- Support Test FMEA, Cpk, Gauge R&R and related Functional Test Acceptance and Release criteria.
- Work with program management and manufacturing coordinating and implementing activities to support successful new product launches.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Excellent Leadership, Mentoring and Project Management skills
- Self starter, a team player, good communication skills and able to handle multiple tasks smoothly
- Excellent knowledge of design for test, coverage an related functional test specifications including detailed schematic analysis
- Excellent knowledge Labview/CVI/Teststand, C++, JTAG/BSCAN Methodology, Python and related development toolsets
- Effective problem solving and organization skills
- Detail and Quality Oriented
- Effective technical communication (both written and verbal)
- Excellent knowledge of process fixtures design (solder pallets, work holders, etc.)
- Experience with common EMS Test Platforms including AOI, X-Ray, ICT, BSCAN, Flying Probe and Functional Test
- Expert Failure Analysis and Troubleshoot skills
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office applications, Gerber Viewer, Computer Aided Design (CAD) and PC knowledge required
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronic or Electrical Engineering or equivalent required
- Hardware and Software Development Experience
- Experience with Test Expert, Testway and MES – Manufacturing Execution Systems preferred
- A minimum of 10 years in Electronics or related Test engineering experience
- 5+ years extensive hands-on experience with ISO-9000 registered environment required.
- Electronics Contract Manufacturing experience preferred
- The position location is based in our Markham, Ontario, Canada facility
- Normal scheduled hours of work: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM, Office Hours
Vexos is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Vexos is committed to diversity in its workplaces and welcomes applications from all visible minority groups, women, Aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities among other self-identified diverse groups. Vexos thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those qualified and considered for an interview will be contacted.
The successful incumbent shall agree and be responsible for adhering to and following Company best practices, policies, guidelines, implementation measures and processes adhering to COVID-19.
How to Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this opportunity, please use the Apply Online button below and remember to attach your application (resume and detailed cover letter outlining your motivation and interest in this position) and include the position in the ‘Desired Position’ field.