7:00am - 3:30pm
Dec 2nd, 2022
The Test Technician Specialist will work closely with the Test Engineering Team to setup, validate and perform detailed functional testing using various measurement instrumentation to support production requirements manufactured by Vexos.
- Maintain the test schedule as instructed by the Test Supervisor on a daily basis.
- Set up test stations as per product specifications, including validating the test station prior to testing.
- Ensure that each board is being properly scanned through Tecnomatix.
- Record all test failures properly in Tecnomatix.
- Verify all test processes are being performed as per test documentations and in accordance with written policies and procedures.
- Operate various types of standard and special test equipment such as Oscilloscopes, Digital Multimeters, Hi-pot, Programmable Power Supplies, LCR and other related test equipment.
- Make sure housekeeping is being done at all areas and is maintained at all times.
- Report any and all issues to the attention of the Supervisor.
- Handle and store materials/boards using ESD guidelines.
- Ensure quality standards are maintained all through the production.
- Position may involve physical demands such as lifting of heavy objects.
- Perform any other relevant tasks to support any other area in production.
- Perform other tasks as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English
- Solid computer skills, ability to understand software systems
- Strong analytical skills
- Good knowledge of electronic assemblies including through hole and SMT components, drawings and BOMS
- Familiar with IPC-A-610, IPC-7711/7721 standards with respect to PCB repair
- Proficient use of microscope
- Ability to read/interpret test documentations and schematics
- Knowledge of quality systems and ESD control
- Good work habits and housekeeping
- Experience with IPC Standards and ISO 9002 would be helpful
- Previous experience and strong electronic background
- Post-secondary Electronics Diploma
- Minimum of 2 years experiences in Testing and Trouble Shooting in electronic assembly or related industry
- ESD and ISO Awareness Training
- WHMIS Training
- Siemens eMES (Tecnomatix) and ViewStation Training
- Functional Test Operation, WI – TEST – 01 – B
- The position location is based in Markham, Ontario facilities (Building A and/or Building B)
- Incumbent must be open to working at both facilities as business and operational needs dictate
- Normal scheduled hours of work: 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM, Day Shift
Vexos is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Vexos is committed to diversity in its workplaces and welcomes applications from all visible minority groups, women, Aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities among other self-identified diverse groups. Vexos thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those qualified and considered for an interview will be contacted.
The successful incumbent shall agree and be responsible for adhering to and following Company best practices, policies, guidelines, implementation measures and processes adhering to COVID-19.
How to Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this opportunity, please use the Apply Online button below and remember to attach your application (resume and detailed cover letter outlining your motivation and interest in this position) and include the position in the ‘Desired Position’ field.