Flexible / As Required
Apr 29th, 2023
The VP, Business Development & Marketing, Asia is a motivated individual who will be responsible for driving Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) sales growth for our factories in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, Dongguan, China and Customized Materials Solutions (CMS). This individual will be responsible for building and developing a sales and marketing team focused on Sales development in the Asia region, in addition to driving, collaborating, and supporting our sales teams in alternative regions to deliver maximum growth in Asia. This person and their team will proactively acquire new customers, and up-sell or cross-sell to existing customers for our EMS, printed circuit board and other electro-mechanical products. This person will manage and balance a portfolio of existing customers with new customers and programs to maximize the potential and profitability of Vexos. The incumbent will be responsible for seeking out, qualifying, and securing new business, and overall customer management within Asia. This position reports to the SVP, Asia and is based in Asia.
- Build and develop team to achieve maximized sales growth in Asia region.
- Build the marketing function to identify new opportunities and maximize sales opportunities for Vexos.
- Drive and support sales team through regular sales review cadence.
- Lead Global sales reviews focused on maximizing growth for our factories in Asia.
- Identify and develop new regions, customers, markets and use entrepreneurial mindset to capture business and growth.
- Lead customers through the Vexos sales process.
- Timely and regular interfacing with all levels of customer management to ensure a thorough and full understanding of the customer’s interests, requirements, and opportunities.
- Developing clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers.
- Building strong customer relationships and customer recognition of the Vexos value proposition for long-term solutions of their manufacturing needs.
- Analyzing the territory/market’s potential and determining the value of existing and prospective customers’ value to the organization.
- Interfacing and coordinating the solution and resolution management with customer’s key contacts and Vexos business leads for any issue related to product manufacturing, test specifications/results, purchase order release, engineering, or quality issues, etc.
- Driving and coordinating all aspects of new program development, quoting, sampling qualifications as required.
- Participates in trade shows and conventions as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- 15+ years of progressive sales experience in electronics manufacturing service industry with a proven track record of sales success and client development.
- Rich experience in both Asian social and business culture, preferably with 5-10 years working and living experience in Asia particularly China.
- International background with comprehensive understanding western culture. Able and willing to travel within Asia particularly China and VN, also around the globe.
- Strong networking skills. Strong experience in EMS industry with rich connections with western companies operating in Asia. Significant understanding of Asia business customs and Asian market within Electronic Manufacturing Services.
- Possess a significant understanding of electronics manufacturing (EMS)and experience in selling to OEM accounts.
- Sales leadership experience helping to drive team to the next level. Entrepreneurial mindset and strong complex B2B solution selling abilities.
- Strong ability to proactively identify a customer’s requirements, strategize and present a comprehensive solution.
- Fluent English. Knowledge of Chinese (Mandarin) preferred but not essential. Excellent verbal and written skills
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree (Engineering or Business-Related Discipline).
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Experience with SalesForce.com or other similar CRM and with LinkedIn Navigator is an asset.
- Travel will be required, primarily in local region and various trips to manufacturing facilities.
- No limit on the nationality.
You are a perfect fit, if you…
- Have a minimum of 10-15 years progressive sales experience in electronics manufacturing service industry (or similar comparable industry) with a proven track record of sales success and client
- Have excellent English & Chinese language skills, both written and spoken
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills with colleagues and clients
- Possess excellent verbal communication skills and closing skills
- Are results driven
- Possess the personal qualities of a winner (as part of the team) – self-belief, energetic, persistence, confident decision maker
- Are flexible and eager to work in a team of experienced, technical and driven sales professionals
- Are ambitious and willing to continue to develop critical skills and knowledge in the EMS field
- Have willingness to travel
- And most importantly, what’s in it for you
- Work in a global, highly-motivated and collaborative team
- Flexible working hours allowing you the freedom to shape your work-life-balance
- Remote-friendly environment and budget for home office equipment
- On-going career development, training and coaching
- Annual Sales Meeting and other travel opportunities to new and existing customer sites
Vexos is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Vexos is committed to diversity in its workplaces and welcomes applications from all visible minority groups, women, Aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities among other self-identified diverse groups. Vexos thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those qualified and considered for an interview will be contacted.
The successful incumbent shall agree and be responsible for adhering to and following Company best practices, policies, guidelines, implementation measures and processes adhering to COVID-19.
How to Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this opportunity, please use the Apply Online button below and remember to attach your application (resume and detailed cover letter outlining your motivation and interest in this position) and include the position in the ‘Desired Position’ field.