7:00am - 3:30pm
Dec 2nd, 2022
The Shipper may load and unload shipments regularly, with the capability of repetitive lifting, and use any necessary equipment, e.g., forklift, etc. as needed. The Shipper will primarily be responsible for shipping medical devices, electronic devices and or other parts. Other responsibilities will include the inspection of outgoing shipments to verify contents and quality and may be required to assist in the scheduling of freight appointments. Inventory management and vendor relations with shipping companies are essential functions for this position, along with demonstrated computer proficiency using an electronic inventory scanning program.
- Ensure boards are scanned in Tecnomatix as required
- Ensure boards are packaged according to customers’ specific requirements and with proper ESD handling
- Ensure boards are sufficiently packed in shipping boxes
- Label shipping boxes according to contents and delivery address as required
- Ensure shipping documentation is completed accurately as required
- Use various courier computer and online shipping systems as required
- Provide back up for Head Shipper as required
- Maintain and upkeep work area within 5S requirements (i.e., ensure area is clean, always maintained and organized)
- During down times or quiet times, the Shipper is responsible for ensuring all work areas are clean, maintained and organized, and will help other areas as needed
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong team player skills, with a willingness to assist and support others within the team and outside the team as business needs dictate
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Completion of High School required
- Good knowledge of warehouse activities preferably in an electronics manufacturing setting or similar industry
- Knowledge of ISO standards and lean manufacturing principles is an asset however not mandatory
- Knowledge of general 5S awareness and incorporating these guidelines at work
- Knowledge and experience in general shipping and receiving warehouse areas
- Ability to lift up to 50Ibs
- Good interpersonal skills and a strong team-player
- Good work habits and housekeeping
- Electronics Warehouse or Related Industry Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Previous Shipping Experience: 1 year (Required)
- The position location is based in Markham, Ontario facilities (Building A and/or Building B)
- Incumbent must be open to working at both facilities as business and operational needs dictate
- Normal scheduled hours of work: 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM, Day Shift
Vexos is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Vexos is committed to diversity in its workplaces and welcomes applications from all visible minority groups, women, Aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities among other self-identified diverse groups. Vexos thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those qualified and considered for an interview will be contacted.
The successful incumbent shall agree and be responsible for adhering to and following Company best practices, policies, guidelines, implementation measures and processes adhering to COVID-19.
How to Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this opportunity, please use the Apply Online button below and remember to attach your application (resume and detailed cover letter outlining your motivation and interest in this position) and include the position in the ‘Desired Position’ field.