3:30pm - 12:00am
Jul 29th, 2022
Responsible for operating leaded and lead-free Wave, selective solder and in-line wash.
- Responsible for running wave solder machine.
- Responsible for set up of the Wave, selective solder and in-line wash and daily maintenance and cleaning of the machine.
- To run products through wave in accordance with the priorities set by the Supervisor.
- Verifying board assembly prior to reflow.
- To make sure first off is being done completely before running the entire job in wave.
- Ensure all the problems found during the first off inspection have been highlighted to the Supervisor and have continue only after the process engineer has looked at it already.
- To ensure to run Quality Product on all both the Wave, selective solder and in-line wash, stop and raise issues when required.
- Make sure housekeeping is being done at all areas and is maintained at all times.
- Ensure that each board is being properly scanned through.
- Understand that not scanning board and performing the operation without using the work instruction/View Station during operation may be cause for dismissal.
- Bring all scanning related issues to the attention of the Supervisor.
- Handle and store materials/boards using ESD guidelines.
- Ensure quality standards are maintained all through the production.
- Position may involve physical demands such as lifting of heavy objects.
- Perform any other relevant tasks to help out any other area in production.
- Perform other tasks as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in running Wave, selective solder and in-line wash is preferred.
- Good knowledge of electronic assemblies including through hole components, drawings and BOMS.
- Familiar with IPC standards with respect to PCB repair.
- Knowledge of quality systems and ESD control.
- Good work habits and housekeeping.
- Experience with IPC Standards and ISO 9002 would be helpful.
- Certificate or Diploma in Electronics or enrolled in a technical school would be an asset.
- Must understand the functionality of the wave solder machine.
- Able to read and understand operating / production instructions and safety regulations.
- ESD and ISO Awareness Training.
- WHMIS Training.
- Tecnomatics and View Station Training.
- Training for Wave Soldering Machine Operation.
- The position location is based in Markham, Ontario
Vexos is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Vexos is committed to diversity in its workplaces and welcomes applications from all visible minority groups, women, Aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities among other self-identified diverse groups. Vexos thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those qualified and considered for an interview will be contacted.
The successful incumbent shall agree and be responsible for adhering to and following Company best practices, policies, guidelines, implementation measures and processes adhering to COVID-19.
How to Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this opportunity, please use the Apply Online button below and remember to attach your application (resume and detailed cover letter outlining your motivation and interest in this position) and include the position in the ‘Desired Position’ field.