Design for Manufacturing and Test Services
Our commitment to quality manufacturing is what makes us who we are — transforming your ideas into products. We achieve this through our design for test (DFT) and design for manufacturability (DFM) manufacturing processes. At VEXOS, DFM and DFT are continuous activities that follow your product through the development and production stages.
VEXOS understands your need for delivery of a quality product. Utilizing VEXOS’ broad experiences across a variety of products, and extensive knowledge of latest manufacturing methodologies, VEXOS works closely with customers from the earliest stages of design to ensure optimal manufacturing and assembly processes can be implemented. Prior to the volume production of your product, our team of engineers will inspect and validate that no manufacturing defects will adversely affect the product’s correct functioning. Tests are applied at several steps in the design lifecycle.
During the design process, DFM assessments are completed to identify potential issues that may impact product cost, quality and delivery. The manufacturing engineering team at VEXOS will recommend necessary design enhancements in order to optimize all the manufacturing functions such as fabrication, assembly, test, procurement and shipping.
Design For Manufacturablity (DFM)
- Manufacturing process design, review and recommendations
- Design for manufacturability (DFM)
- Quality reviews/recommendations at each step of the process:
- PCB assembly
- System build
- Component engineering review — BOM health assessment
Design For Test (DFT)
- Automated optical inspection implementation
- Test planning process design, review and recommendations
- Flying probe (FP) development and implementation
- In-circuit test (ICT) development and implementation
- Functional test development and implementation
- Boundary scan test development and implementation